As a representative of Garnet and Gold Key, everyday you must carry with you the values of our university: the three torches of Vires, Artes and Mores. You must have the strength to speak up for what you believe in; to utilize your roles in leadership to speak up for those that you represent. You must have the skill to know what your strengths and weaknesses are; understanding how to apply your strengths to your leadership roles and work towards improving your weaknesses. You must have the character to treat others with the utmost respect and kindness; to not only live your values morally but also ethically.
As a member of Garnet and Gold Key, you will also have two sets of duties.
Your first set of duties is to contribute to the campus of Florida State University:
- As a member of the student body, always uphold the three torches as a representative of the university and our organization.
- Strive to continue to personally develop as a leader and encourage fellow students to do the same.
- Be an innovative leader on campus and contribute to the formation of new ideas while upholding the traditions of the university.
- Know that Florida State is apart of a greater community, and that serving your community may prove to be equally fulfilling as serving your campus.
Your second set of duties is to contribute to Garnet and Gold Key as a member:
- Disseminate information to your respective area of campus to the entire student body in order to assist fellow students.
- Share information with your organizations about issues and events going on in other sectors of campus to further spread our valued diversity.
- Be a proactive member by contributing new ideas and approaches to the organization in order to meet the shared vision.
- Remain active and in good standing by meeting our points requirement each semester.